The Tusculum College Pioneer Jazz Band holds practice on Monday afternoons from 4:00 pm to 5:30 pm in the Band Cabana. The Tusculum College Concert/Marching Band Rehearsals are Tuesday and Thursday afternoons from 4:00 pm to 5:30 pm in the Band Cabana. Contact David A. Price at email@example.com
BAND CAMP SCHEDULE AND INFORMATION!
2014 Schedule (subject to revision)
First of all, here are some things you and your parents need to know:
• We won’t overwork you
• We won’t risk heat injuries (your personal checklist should include water and sunscreen)
• It is also recommended that students bring bug spray
• Students are required to wear tennis shoes to every marching rehearsal
• Hats, sunglasses and socks are strongly recommended at marching rehearsals as well
• Also use discretion and campus guidelines for appropriate clothing
• There will be plenty of time to eat, sleep and socialize
• We aim to have fun and get the job done — NO “boot camp” atmosphere and absolutely NO initiations
• You will be housed in the dorm you are scheduled to be in for the school year
• Camp attendance is required. Please contact me as soon as possible about concerns or possible conflicts
• August 8, 2014, 9:00 am to 12:00 pm — Band members may check into student housing. You will receive your dorm room key in the student center.
• All meals will be available in the cafeteria during the week on the following regular school schedule: Weekdays: Breakfast – 7:30 am to 9:00 am, Lunch – 11:00 am to 1:30 pm and Supper – 5:00 pm -7:00 pm. Weekend: Brunch 11 am-1 pm., Dinner 4:30 pm-6 pm. Meals and housing are covered for the camp.
• In the afternoon of August 8, will meet from 3:30 to 5:30 pm to get acquainted and have our first rehearsal in band building. During this time questions will be answered, materials will be handed out and instruments will be checked out. (Returning students (upperclassmen) please meet at 2:00.)
• Rehearsals for August 9 – 9:00-11:30, 1:00-4:00, 5:00 break for picnic and activities
• Rehearsals for August 10 – 1:00-4:00, 6:00-9:00
• The rehearsal schedule for August 11-15 will be as follows:
· 8:30 am to 11:30 am — Marching rehearsal on the band field
· 1 pm to 3:30 pm – Music and sectional rehearsals at the band building
· 6 pm to 9 pm — Marching rehearsal on the band field
• There will only be a morning rehearsal on August 15, as freshman and new students will need to report for orientation in the afternoon.
• SPECIAL NOTE — TIMES MAY BE SUBJECT TO CHANGE!
BAND CAMP COVER LETTER
I hope you have had a good summer and are ready to start this fall at Tusculum College. I am very much looking forward to you being in our band program this year.
This letter is to inform you that about the Tusculum Band Camp. Band camp will be August 9-16. You may move into your dorm room on Friday, August 9, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. If you have trouble moving in on this day please let me know and I will make other arrangements for you. You may bring what you need for the fall semester as you will be moving into the dorm room to which you have been assigned for the year. On August 9, we will have a meeting with all band members at 3:30. At this meeting we will discuss handouts and possibly begin working on the music for the fall. We will break for supper at 5:00 p.m. and have an evening activity. I will hand out and go over the rest of the schedule at our first meeting.
In addition to what you would normally bring to stay at Tusculum, I would suggest for band camp that you bring the following: shorts, comfortable shirts, tennis shoes with socks, hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, bug spray and a water bottle of sorts especially for our outside practices. We will most likely be inside for our afternoon rehearsals during the hottest part of the day. Also, you will need your instrument, a lyre and a flip folder, if you have one, otherwise we will provide one for you to use and a pencil. (If you lost your lyre, I can get you one at my cost and have it for you but I will need you to let me know before camp.) The marching shoes will be the same as last year. If you need a new pair please come prepared to pay for them. The cost will be $33.03 if you order with the group and $34.95 if you order as an individual from my supplier.
In closing, I think this fall is going to be very exciting and I look forward to you being on campus. As always, if there is anything I can do to assist you, please let me know.
SCHEDULED PERFORMANCES 2014-2015
Concert Band/Jazz Band/Handbells
October 16, 2014 – Jazz Band Swing Dance (GM) – 5:30 p.m.
December 2, 2014 – TC Band Christmas Concert (AHB) – 7 p.m.
December 5, 2014 – Jazz Band Christmas Event (GM) – 6 p.m.
February 14, 2015 – Jazz Band Valentine’s Swing Dance (GM) – 6:30 p.m.
February 24, 2015 – TC Band Winter Concert (AHB) – 7 p.m.
April 17-19, 2015 – Old Oak Festival (also marching band – main performances all day Saturday)
April 30, 2015 – TC Band Spring Concert (AHB) – 7 p.m.
August 25, 2014 – Astros Game – 6:15 SSB and 7th inning stretch
September 4, 2014 – COLLEGE OF FAITH (Fireworks) – 7 p.m. Beach Show
September 20, 2014 – NORTH GREENEVILLE (Heroes/Kids/Fireworks) – 7 p.m. Kid Show
September 27, 2014 – Away game at LENOIR-RHYNE – 7 p.m.
October 11, 2014 – NEWBERRY* (Breast Cancer Awareness/Church) – 2:30 p.m. Jersey Show
October 18, 2014 – CARSON-NEWMAN* (Homecoming/Sports Hall of Fame) – 2:30 p.m. Jersey Show
November 1, 2014 – UNC PEMBROKE (Senior Day/Family Weekend) – 1:30 p.m. Journey Show
November 6, 2014 – BREVARD* (Black Out Game/Fireworks) – 7 p.m. Journey Show
November 11, 2014 – Veteran’s Day Service – 11:45 am -12:15 pm
December 7, 2014 – Greeneville Christmas Parade (Tentative) – 2 p.m.
Wednesday, November 19, 2014 – CARSON-NEWMAN* – 6:00 pm
Saturday, December 6, 2014 – QUEENS* – 2:00 pm
Saturday, January 17, 2015 – WINGATE* – 2:00 pm
Saturday, January 24, 2015 – COKER* – 2:00 pm
Wednesday, January 28, 2015 – MARS HILL* – 6:00 pm
Saturday, February 7, 2015 – CATAWBA – 2:00 pm
Wednesday, February 11, 2015 – LINCOLN MEMORIAL* – 6:00 pm
Wednesday, February 25, 2015 – ANDERSON* – 6:00 pm
(All games at 2:00 and 6:00 are double headers)
December 3, 2014 – Lessons and Carols – 11:45 am -12:15 pm
April 1, 2014 – Holy Week Communion Service – 11:45 am -12:15 pm
TC Sunday at 1st Pres – TBA
Other possible performances could be scheduled with ample notice given.
To Donate to Tusculum please follow the Link: