Associate Professor of Marketing and Management
Ph.D. Organization and Management, Capella University
M.A. Organizational Management, Tusculum College
M.S. Marketing, Golden Gate University
Campus Phone: 606-269-2753
Came to Tusculum: 2014
I have an active teacher, advisor, and mentor during my academic career. I have taught courses in an adult degree completion program, undergraduate business, MBA, online, and a variety of general education courses. I have published a number of journal articles and continue an active ongoing research agenda in leadership, management, marketing, emerging markets, and strategy. I also have many years of management experience in manufacturing, business ownership, and customer service. I also believe in working with students, colleagues, and administration to continuously improve all aspects of university operations through teams, committees, and individual efforts.
I believe in lifelong learning and completed the first of my degrees from Eastern Kentucky University at Richmond, KY in 1984, earning the Bachelor of Business Administration with a major in administrative management. I then completed the Master of Arts in organizational management from Tusculum College, at Greeneville, TN, on December 14, 2002. I then earned the Certificate in Lean Enterprise at the University of Akron, OH, in 2004. I matriculated from Capella University, Minneapolis, MN, with the PhD in Organization and Management with a specialization in leadership on November 30, 2008. I then went on to complete the Executive Certificate in Leadership Management from the University of Notre Dame Mendoza College of Business conferred on March 2012. I recently completed the MS in Marketing, conferred on April 27, 2013, from Golden Gate University, San Francisco, CA.
Dr. McCann teaches management, marketing, and strategy.
- Member of the Commission on Small Business Advocacy-Cabinet for Economic Development-Kentucky-term expires August 22, 2017
- Society for the Advancement of Management
- Society for Human Resource Management
- Consultant for Knoxville Leadership Foundation
Editor and Reviewer:
- Editorial Review Board of International Journal of Sustainable Strategic Management (IJSSM), 2011-present
- Editorial Review Board of SAM Advanced Management Journal, 2012-present
- Editorial Review Board of the International Journal of Business Competition and Growth (IJBCG), 2012-present
- Editorial Review Board of the Journal of Business Ethic,2013-present
- Reviewer for African Journal of Business Management, 2013-present
- Reviewer for International Journal of Fashion Design, Technology and Education, 2013-present