Tusculum University, Tennessee’s first institution of higher learning, is accepting candidates for the position of Dean – College of Business. At Tusculum, you will be challenged to innovate, engage, experiment, and persevere as you discover your own purpose. Along your path, you will be encouraged, empowered, supported, and inspired. New leadership at the board, presidential, and provost levels have reaffirmed Tusculum University’s path forward in its new Mission:
Building on a rich Presbyterian heritage and a pioneering spirit, Tusculum University provides an active and experiential education within a caring Christian environment to inspire Civic engagement, enrich personal lives, and equip career ready professionals.
The Dean of the College of Business shall be the administrative head of the College and will be responsible for the development and continuous assessment and management of curricula, faculty, staff, budget, class enrollments relative to faculty and other resources, growth and development of College programs, positive leadership of faculty, and effective operations within the College. The Dean of the College of Business will be employed for school administrative purposes, and shall devote remaining workload to teaching, scholarship and/or service. The College Dean shall coordinate the work of the College, serve as the head of the Undergraduate and Graduate Degree Programs, and interpret such work to the internal and external community. The Dean will secure internal and external funding to support existing and developing academic programs within the College.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Terminal degree with a major in a discipline area within the College from an accredited university and three years of full-time experience in academic administration (program director/department chair or higher); experience as an assistant, associate, or full dean preferred;
- Experience developing innovative, market-driven curricular programs;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in academic program development, grant writing and the promotion of faculty development in teaching, scholarship and service;
- Also preferred is possession of the academic credentials for rank of Associate or Full Professor in a discipline in the College;
- Experience as an instructor at the baccalaureate and master’s degree levels; and
- Experience with business accreditation; experience leading business accreditation efforts with ACBSP preferred
Applications being accepted through September 30, 2022.
Tusculum is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a fulltime basis.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send a letter of application, resume, unofficial transcripts, and the names of three references or three letters of recommendation by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. ATTN: Dean COB