Founded in 1794, Tusculum is the first university in Tennessee, the twenty-eighth oldest in the nation and the oldest coeducational institutional affiliated with the Presbyterian Church (USA). Nine of Tusculum’s buildings and the Tusculum Arch on the wooded 140-acre main campus are listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Our students and alumni span the globe, taking great pride in our pioneering heritage (We Are Pioneers) and Mission-focused culture; ‘Building on a rich Presbyterian heritage and a pioneering spirit, Tusculum University provides an active and experiential education within a caring Christian environment to inspire civic engagement, enrich personal lives, and equip career-ready professionals.’
BRIEF JOB SUMMARY:
The Associate Vice President for Institutional Advancement, serving as a member of the President’s Executive Cabinet, works closely with the President, Cabinet, and the Board of Trustees to ensure that the University strengthens and builds business relationships and has sufficient resources to carry out its mission. This position supports primary strategy, planning, and tactical elements leading all facets of the University’s advancement component, special events, endowment portfolio/prospects, and major gifts program such as; development, planned giving, alumni and community engagement, public relations/communications, and assist with campus ministries. This position serves as IA’s leader; managing team members, budgets, outreach and related resources.
- A Bachelor’s degree, Master’s preferred; with preferences given to Tusculum Alumni
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of tax and estate law helpful.
SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meet assigned fundraising goals in principal gift portfolio
- Work in collaboration with internal/external advisors to help pinpoint strategy and goal setting
- Willing to travel frequently and work occasional weekends and evenings
- Ability to communicate superbly, effectively in various settings, with differing populations, demonstrating excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Promote the mission of Tusculum University to all faculty, staff, students and community at large.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should submit a resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org, attention Institutional Advancement
This Position will remain open until filled.