Offices will observe the following Holiday Schedule for Staff for 2020-2021 (July 1, 2020 – June 30, 2021).
At any time, the President or Vice President of the department may determine that for the welfare of Tusculum University certain departments need to be operational during a holiday. Campus Safety will maintain a normal schedule during holidays.
- Independence Day 2020: Closed Friday, July 3, 2020
- Labor Day 2020: Closed Monday, September 7, 2020
- Thanksgiving 2020: Closed Wednesday – Friday, November 25-27, 2020
- Christmas 2020 and New Year’s Day 2021: Observed Monday, December 21, 2020, through Friday, January 1, 2021 (return to work on Monday, January 4, 2021). As in the past, Tusculum will convert to a reduced administrative schedule over the Christmas break. The scheduling of each division will be determined by the Vice President of the department.
- Martin Luther King Day 2021: Closed Monday, January 18, 2021
- President’s Day 2021: Closed Monday, February 15, 2021
- Spring Break for Staff: Thursday and Friday, March, 11 & 12, 2021
- Good Friday 2021: Closed Friday, April 2, 2021
- Memorial Day 2021: Closed Monday, May 31, 2021
Tusculum will convert to a reduced administrative schedule over the Christmas break. In order to provide services to current/prospective students and visitors during this time (December 21, 2020 – January 1, 2021), essential administrative offices will maintain minimal staffing for five hours to eight hours per day. The following offices are identified as essential administrative operations for this policy: Admissions, Business Office, Financial Aid, Institutional Advancement, Student Affairs, and Athletics. Offices crucial to new student arrivals or sustaining campus facilities are to be available for call in on an as needed basis through this period and are identified as follows: Registrar, Facilities Management, and other departments as designated by the Vice President of the department. Campus Safety will remain on a normal working schedule. All other offices will operate as designated by the Vice President of the department.
There will be a special payment arrangement for Christmas break for non-exempt employees in essential and crucial offices only. For each five – eight hour day worked during this period, the staff member will be paid for an 8 hour day and allowed to move the holiday hours to a more convenient time. The moving of any holiday time will be determined jointly between the employee and his/her supervisor.
Full-time staff employees are eligible for holiday pay. Employees who are on FMLA or leave of absence, part-time, contracted or temporary are not eligible to receive holiday pay. Also, to be eligible for holiday pay when the holiday is not worked, the employee must be in active paid status before and after the holiday.