Take Time for Yourself this Year

Happy New Year Everyone!

I hope you have had a great start to the new year…  This was our first week back to work and we have been busy..  The two weeks off was very relaxing and it is always good to have a break from work/school during the holiday season.  On the break, I came across a small part of an article that I wanted to share with you…..Three-Minute Meditation.  Since we wear so many hats, it is always good to take time for yourself…and it can be anything that makes you happy.  I have decided that for me…I am going to take more time to just relax/meditate/devotional.  Even if you don’t think meditation is for you…that is OK…just make sure to take time for yourself so you can be a better “you”.

Three-Minute Meditation

1. Find a peaceful place where you won’t be interrupted
  2. Gently rest your palm over your heart.  Concentrate on a person, place, song, or memory you cherish.  The idea is to feel love and to concentrate it as energy in your mid-chest
  3. Visualize any thoughts as clouds drifting in the sky.  Let them float by and out of  your awareness.
  4. Observe the sensations in your heart area; heat, coolness, bliss, compassion, release of pressure, vibration.  Over time and with practice, you’ll feel the positive energy in your chest that will flow into your body.

Adapted from Emotional Freedom by Judith Orloff, M.D.

Talk soon,

Lora