Offices will observe the following Holiday Schedule for Staff
At any time, the President or Vice President of the department may determine that for the welfare of Tusculum University certain departments need to be operational during a holiday. Campus Safety will maintain a normal schedule during holidays.
- Independence Day – Monday, July 5, 2021
- Labor Day – Monday, September 6, 2021
- Thanksgiving – Wednesday – Friday, November 24-26, 2021
- Christmas and New Year’s Day – Observed Monday, December 20, 2021, through Friday, December 31, 2021 (return to work on Monday, January 3, 2022).
- Martin Luther King Day – Monday, January 17, 2022
- President’s Day – Monday, February 21, 2022
- Spring Break for Staff – Thursday – Friday, March 10 – 11, 2022
- Good Friday – Friday, April 15, 2022
- Memorial Day – Monday, May 30, 2022
Tusculum will convert to a reduced administrative schedule over the Christmas break. In order to provide services to current/prospective students and visitors during this time (December 21, 2020 – January 1, 2021), essential administrative offices will maintain minimal staffing for five hours to eight hours per day. The following offices are identified as essential administrative operations for this policy: Admissions, Business Office, Financial Aid, Institutional Advancement, Student Affairs, and Athletics. Offices crucial to new student arrivals or sustaining campus facilities are to be available for call in on an as needed basis through this period and are identified as follows: Registrar, Facilities Management, and other departments as designated by the Vice President of the department. Campus Safety will remain on a normal working schedule. All other offices will operate as designated by the Vice President of the department.
There will be a special payment arrangement for Christmas break for non-exempt employees in essential and crucial offices only. For each five – eight hour day worked during this period, the staff member will be paid for an 8 hour day and allowed to move the holiday hours to a more convenient time. The moving of any holiday time will be determined jointly between the employee and his/her supervisor.
Full-time staff employees are eligible for holiday pay. Employees who are on FMLA or leave of absence, part-time, contracted or temporary are not eligible to receive holiday pay. Also, to be eligible for holiday pay when the holiday is not worked, the employee must be in active paid status before and after the holiday.